Cricket is New Zealand’s premier summer sport with 150,000 people currently playing the game, making it one of the most widely played sports in the country.
New Zealand Cricket provides vision, direction and guidance to cricket at all levels of the game nationally and as a member of the international cricket community. New Zealand Cricket’s purpose is to stimulate growth of the game and strengthen its support base, develop outstanding international teams underpinned by elite player development programmes, develop a strong and sustainable commercial base and deliver successful sporting events.
With around sixty employees based across our Lincoln High Performance Centre and our Auckland Support Services Office together with a number of seasonal contractors, we are a passionate, enthusiastic team committed to realising NZC’s mission of “More People Playing, More People Watching” whilst living and breathing our core Values:
- Cricket First
- One Team
- Be The Best I Can Be
- Walk The Talk
- Raise The Bar
- Appreciate And Celebrate
BLACKCAPS Bowling Coach
New Zealand Cricket is seeking expressions of interest for a bowling coaching specialist to join the BLACKCAPS management team after the Cricket World Cup for a fixed term to be negotiated.
The responsibilities of the role are to:
- Understand each touring bowler’s individual performance plans in regards to strengths, weaknesses and specific “work-ons”, under the direction of the BLACKCAPS Head Coach
- Assist in the bowling pre-tour preparation of individual squad members
- Assist in pre match preparations on tour
- Update the players’ athlete management system records periodically at the direction of the GM High Performance
- Assist in pre-tour and pre-match scouting of opposition bowlers and likely pitch conditions
- Participate fully in the management team on tour at the direction of the team manager
The ideal applicant will:
- Hold a NZC level 3 coaching qualification or equivalent.
- Have significant experience as a bowling coach at an elite level
- Ideally have playing experience at an elite level
- An ability to work in New Zealand when not touring
For enquiries please call Margaret Nimmo on 0274 984 050. To apply please email your covering letter and CV to email@example.com on or before Thursday 12 February 2015.
Major Association vacancies