Cricket is New Zealand’s premier summer sport with 150,000 people currently playing the game, making it one of the most widely played sports in the country.
New Zealand Cricket provides vision, direction and guidance to cricket at all levels of the game nationally and as a member of the international cricket community. New Zealand Cricket’s purpose is to stimulate growth of the game and strengthen its support base, develop outstanding international teams underpinned by elite player development programmes, develop a strong and sustainable commercial base and deliver successful sporting events.
With around sixty employees based across our Lincoln High Performance Centre and our Auckland Support Services Office together with a number of seasonal contractors, we are a passionate, enthusiastic team committed to realising NZC’s mission of “More People Playing, More People Watching” whilst living and breathing our core Values:
- Cricket First
- One Team
- Be The Best I Can Be
- Walk The Talk
- Raise The Bar
- Appreciate And Celebrate
Assistant Turf Manager
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Turf Manager to join our team.This is a full time role based at the New Zealand Cricket High Performance Centre in Lincoln.
The successful applicant will be expected to support the HPC Turf Manager in providing high quality cricket facilities at the HPC grounds and in taking proactive steps to drive continued improvement in playing and training facilities.
The ideal applicant will have:
• A strong practical experience in developing cricket wickets
• A level 4 certificate in Sports Turf Manager or equivalent
• Proven people management skills and experience
Experience working with First Class cricket grounds and facilities would be advantageous.
Candidates should email a CV and covering letter to email@example.com. A position description is available below. Applications close on 17 July 2015.
Northern Districts Physiotherapist
New Zealand Cricket is looking for expressions of interest for the role of Team Physiotherapist with the Northern Districts Cricket men’s team (Northern Knights).
The contract is a full-time short-term one from 1st October 2015 through to 14th April 2016 and is based in Hamilton, although you will be required to travel with the team for all matches and trainings (home and away).
The Physiotherapist will be expected to:
• Be available for team training, camps and internal touring schedule.
• Co-ordinate and manage all player treatment and monitoring, in conjunction with the ND strength and conditioning coach
• Liaise with the ND Coaches, Injury Manager and Sports Science team over medical and injury issues
• Liaise with NZC medical staff and collect data as required for their injury surveillance requirements
• Input data into the NZC Athlete Management System database
The ideal applicant will:
• Be a NZ-registered physiotherapist , preferably with a post-graduate physiotherapy qualification
• Be able to communicate effectively with elite athletes of all ages
• Have a good knowledge of Strength and Conditioning programmes, preferably with experience and/or qualifications in this field.
• Have previous experience working with sporting organisations or teams (preferably cricket)
• Have strong administrative and organisational skills
• Have the ability to assume some Management responsibilities when travelling with the team.
If you have an interest in cricket, are a good team player and are ambitious to work in a vibrant new management team with some of NZ’s leading International Players, please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . Applications close on 3rd July 2015
Major Association vacancies