New Zealand Cricket (NZC) has today announced the appointments of Craig Presland as Chief Operating Officer and Lindsay Crocker as Head of Cricket Operations.
Prior to accepting the position at NZC, Craig Presland held senior leadership roles in an number of large organisations, including CEO of New Zealand’s largest privately owned childcare provider ABC (NZ) Ltd, COO for Health Alliance and Commercial Director at Fletcher Building Ltd.
Lindsay Crocker has had a long involvement in cricket administration, including seven years as Auckland Cricket CEO and more recently in a six year stint as General Manager of the BLACKCAPS.
The new appointments come as part of the planned change in leadership structure at NZC and along with NZC Director of Cricket, John Buchanan, form the senior management group who report directly to the Chief Executive.
NZC Chief Executive, David White, said he was delighted with the new employees and said the improved leadership structure will streamline management processes and ultimately enhance the organisations effectiveness.
"The appointments of Craig and Lindsay, who both have outstanding track records in business and administration, are very significant for NZC,” said White.
“They are both former First-Class players, bringing a broad understanding of cricket and passion for the game.
“Craig has a wealth of experience in fields of marketing and finance making him a valuable asset to the organisation. An important part of his role will be managing NZC’s support services in the Auckland office.
“Lindsay Crocker has an extensive background in cricket administration and is extremely well equipped to handle the responsibility of cricket operations. A key part of his role will be overall site management of the Lincoln site where most of his staff will be based.
“The appointments are part of a concerted effort to create clearer lines of responsibility, better accountability and increased leadership capability.
“I am thrilled that NZC has been able to attract such high quality employees for these important roles.”
Craig Presland and Lindsay Crocker start at NZC on 3 September 2012.
Chief Operating Officer
- Commercial and Marketing
- Major Associations Finance
- Supply Chain / Procurement
- Auckland Office Administration – reception, secretarial
Head of Cricket Operations
- Responsibility for NZC’s playing facilities and overall site management at Lincoln
- NZC’s lead senior management representative at Lincoln
- Cricket development throughout New Zealand
- Turf management throughout New Zealand, including Lincoln
- National umpiring
- Operational planning, logistics, co-ordination and overall management of all international matches involving New Zealand representative teams.
- Management of all domestic tournaments in conjunction with the GM Domestic Tournaments.
- Overseas touring teams and BLACKCAPS liaison
- Interface with the ICC
- Interface with Major Associations (all non-financial matters)
- Development and fostering of the wider New Zealand cricket “family”