Devon Hotel Central Stags batsman Jamie How wrote himself into the history books with 222 from 138 balls versus the SKYCITY Northern Knights today, the first double century and highest innings ever in NZ domestic 50 over list A games.
How smashed 27 fours and 8 sixes, bringing up his first 100 from 60 balls, and taking a mere 66 further to bring up his double century.
The individual records that tumbled at Seddon Park, Hamilton, today included:
• Jamie How - Highest Individual Score in NZ domestic list A games (previous highest 170 not out BB McCullum 2007/08)
• Jamie How - First Double Century in NZ domestic list A games
• Jamie How - Highest Individual Score by Central Districts batsman previous highest 140 DP Kelly 1999/00
How`s partnership with fellow opener Jeet Ravel, who scored 115 from 106 himself, will also go down in the record books:
• 1st Wicket New Zealand record previous record 205* JM Aiken/MW Douglas Wellington vs Canterbury 1994/95
• New Partnership Record For Any Wicket In List A Matches in NZ (previous Record 273 MHW Papps/SJ Murdoch 2012/13)
The crowd noticeably swelled around lunchtime as it became clear something special was happening at Seddon Park. How took advantage of the good conditions for batting, efficiently and ruthlessly finding the boundary again and again, getting a life when bowled from a no-ball by Anurag Verma on 76 and again when a chance went through the hands of Jono Hickey when he neared 150. How was eventually dismissed, caught Anton Devcich, bowled Brent Arnel.
The heavy scoring propelled Central to their highest team score of 417 for 6 (previous highest 376 for 3 1996/97).