To get kids active and involved with our summer game, New Zealand Cricket has teamed up with New Zealand Post, through ActivePost, to introduce cricket to over 120,000 youngsters a year.
The ActivePost National Schools Programme supports cricket participation, coaching and umpiring through clubs, communities and schools.
The ActivePost Have-a-Go Cricket program aims to develop basic cricket skills, small group activities, and minor and modified games.
ActivePost Have-a-Go Cricket
- 5-8 year old
- Basic skill development - batting, bowling, stopping, throwing, catching
- Play activities and games
- Encourage Fair Play
- Play with modified, safe, plastic equipment
- To provide a stimulating environment that allows basic cricket skills to be taught
- To emphasise fun & participation
- To create an awareness & interest in cricket
- To get parents & teachers actively involved in the game of cricket
- To provide the positive first step in a child’s long term participation and involvement in cricket
New Zealand Post’s ActivePost partnerships are designed to build engaged and active communities. Find out more (include link to AP website).
- To provide participants with opportunities
- To have fun and enjoyment
- To participate in a variety of play activities and minor games
- To have a ‘fair go’
- To learn some new basic cricket skills
- To make friends
For a detailed overview of the ActivePost Have-a-Go Cricket programme and it's instruction, the ActivePost Have-a-Go Cricket Manual has been provided for downloading.
New Zealand Post’s ActivePost partnerships are designed to build engaged and active communities. Find out more.