Cricket is New Zealand’s premier summer sport with 150,000 people currently playing the game, making it one of the most widely played sports in the country.
New Zealand Cricket provides vision, direction and guidance to cricket at all levels of the game nationally and as a member of the international cricket community. New Zealand Cricket’s purpose is to stimulate growth of the game and strengthen its support base, develop outstanding international teams underpinned by elite player development programmes, develop a strong and sustainable commercial base and deliver successful sporting events.
With around sixty employees based across our Lincoln High Performance Centre and our Auckland Support Services Office together with a number of seasonal contractors, we are a passionate, enthusiastic team committed to realising NZC’s mission of “More People Playing, More People Watching” whilst living and breathing our core Values:
- Cricket First
- One Team
- Be The Best I Can Be
- Walk The Talk
- Raise The Bar
- Appreciate And Celebrate
National Selector - Women's Cricket
We are looking for expressions of interest for the role of National Selector for the WHITE FERNS team. This is a part time, contract role until July 2016.
The successful applicant will be expected to:
- Assist the WHITE FERNS Head Coach in the selection of touring teams and squads
- Attend and observe matches as required during the women’s domestic competition commencing 27 November 2015 – 14 February 2016
- Assist in the appointment and management of High Performance talent scouts and arrange coverage of matches throughout each round of the domestic competition (scouts to be appointed in conjunction with the WHITE FERNS Head Coach)
- Collect and co-ordinate performance statistics for individuals working closely with High Performance talent scouts and Major Association Coaches to assist in team selections for the WHITE FERNS
- Attend and observe National Under-21 tournament 15-21 December 2015
- Seek regular communication and feedback on player progress from Major Association coaches
- Attend all WHITE FERNS national selection camps when required
- Communicate selection information to players and coaches when appropriate
- Assist with the formulation of succession plans
- To attend any other key tournaments or events that may assist in the identification of talented players
The ideal applicant will:
- Be a former player, coach or administrator of at least domestic level (men’s or women’s), with the ability to travel nationally
- Hold a high level of understanding in relation to HP sport and how to produce elite athletes, in particular world class cricketers
- Be organised and have excellent communication skills
A moderate retainer will be provided, plus travel expenses, accommodation and a daily allowance.
Candidates should email a CV and covering letter to email@example.com. Applications close on Monday 31 August.
New Zealand Cricket Board Members
New Zealand Cricket invites applications from suitably qualified individuals. A Skills and Competencies Framework approved by the organisation’s membership outlines the ideal experience and mix of strengths that are considered most likely to deliver outstanding governance leadership of the sport. This will assist and guide the decision making process. A depth of governance experience, cricket knowledge, business acumen and a range of strong personal qualities are identified in the Framework as core to a director’s role. In addition, board members may possess specific strengths in a range of functional areas including; broadcasting/media, finance, high performance sport, organisational development and legal, amongst others.
The Board Appointments Panel will evaluate all applications, conduct interviews and nominate suitable candidates for appointment by 29 October 2015.
Applications close Monday 14 September 2015
Women's Cricket Senior Officer - International Cricket Council
The International Cricket Council (“ICC”) is the global governing body for the sport, which administers all aspects of international cricket. We are currently looking for Women’s Cricket Senior Officer who will be a key part of the Cricket Operations team, a primary contact on all issues relating to women’s international cricket and responsible for many aspects of women’s cricket events.
Responsibilities of the Women’s Cricket Senior Officer include but are not limited to the following:
- Primary responsibility for the administration of the women’s cricket activities and programmes including scheduling, umpire appointments, match official development and eligibility
- Coordination of activities to support and promote women’s cricket across the organization and wider ICC membership, including marketing and promotion
- Provision of support to the ICC Women’s Committee, including preparing discussion papers and implementing decisions
- Management of the women’s cricket budget
- Coordination of women’s cricket pathway events, including the ICC Women’s ODI Championship, providing onground support where required
- Coordination of certain aspects of major women’s events, including the ICC Women’s World Cup and ICC Women’s World Twenty20 events
- Project management of key Cricket Operations projects, particularly relating to technology
- General support for the Cricket Operations team
Knowledge, Skills, Attitude and Experience
- Graduate or equivalent with minimum 3-5 years’ working experience in sports administration or a similar field
- Very good cricket knowledge (with experience of playing or working in the sport an advantage)
- Very good project management skills (with experience of working on events an advantage)
- Excellent written and oral communication in English including report-writing skills
- Good problem-solving skills and the ability to work with people from different cultures and backgrounds
- Motivated, enthusiastic attitude and able to work creatively on own initiative
- Good team player with a flexible approach
- Good computer literacy (MS Office especially Word, Excel & Outlook)
Conditions of employment
- The position is based in Dubai
- Compensation offered will be commensurate with qualifications and experience
If you feel that you can meet the challenge, please email your CV with a covering letter that sets out why you are a
suitable candidate for the role and details your current salary and benefits to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The last date of responding to this advertisement is Friday 4 September. Due to the large number of high quality applicants expected, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Major Association vacancies