Cricket is New Zealand’s premier summer sport. With 150,000 people currently playing the game, it is one of the most widely played sports in the country.
New Zealand Cricket (NZC) provides vision, direction and guidance to cricket at all levels of the game. Our purpose is to develop the best players, coaches and officials possible; to embrace the “New Zealand Way” of playing and administering the game; to cultivate and nurture engaged cricket fans, to promote a sustainable financial model, and to grow the best structures, people and processes to take the game forward.
NZC consists of around sixty employees, plus a number of seasonal contractors, based across the Lincoln High Performance Centre in Christchurch and the Auckland Support Services Office. We’re a passionate and enthusiastic team committed to living and breathing our core Values:
• Cricket First
• One Team
• Be The Best I Can Be
• Walk The Talk
• Raise The Bar
• Appreciate And Celebrate
BLACKCAPS Massage Therapist/Logistics Assistant
We have a vacancy for a Massage Therapist/Logistics Assistant working with the BLACKCAPS team, reporting to the BLACKCAPS Team Manager.
The successful applicant will:
- Provide massage therapy for Players during periods of team assembly in liaison with the team Physiotherapist
- Assist the BLACKCAPS Team Manager with logistical issues for the team before and during a tour.
The ideal applicant will have:
- A current and recognised massage therapy qualification
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience managing logistics, ideally but not necessarily in a sporting environment
- Good administration and time management skills
- Current passport and the ability to travel
Candidates should email a CV and covering letter to Ashleigh Curran at email@example.com. A position description is available below. Applications close date Monday 30 May.
Digital Marketing Executive
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Digital Marketing Executive to join our team to revolutionise our digital content delivery to all consumers of cricket in New Zealand and beyond.
Key responsibilities are:
- To work with the marketing and communications team to create and publish regular content on our digital channels in line with our brand strategy.
- To manage the social media calendar across all our brands, ensuring a constant flow of engaging content for fans.
- To create and send email campaigns.
- Helping to grow the New Zealand Cricket brands by growing our online presence.
- Helping to improve access for everyone to the cricket action.
- Assist the Digital & Database Manager in transforming New Zealand Cricket’s digital presence to help grow cricket in New Zealand and to protect and grow the reputation of New Zealand Cricket and its brands.
Key skills we’re looking for are:
- Strong interest in digital technologies, with demonstrated knowledge and willingness to learn further.
- Experience of using social media in a business capacity.
- Technically minded, with the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Creative approach to generating content ideas.
- Great written and verbal communication skills with an excellent eye for detail.
- Proven success in introducing innovative communications initiatives to maximise brand awareness.
- Interest and knowledge of the game of cricket
It goes without saying that you’ll also need to be passionate about engaging with our online communities.
Candidates should email a CV and covering letter to Ashleigh Curran at firstname.lastname@example.org .
A position description is available below. Applications close date Wednesday 1 June
Other current vacancies:
- Otago Cricket - Manager Performance & Talent
- Otago Cricket - Otago Volts Head Coach
- Nelson Cricket Association - Head Coach
Please follow us on Twitter @NZCJobs for the latest vacancies.
Major Association vacancies