Cricket is New Zealand’s premier summer sport. With 150,000 people currently playing the game, it is one of the most widely played sports in the country.
New Zealand Cricket (NZC) provides vision, direction and guidance to cricket at all levels of the game. Our purpose is to develop the best players, coaches and officials possible; to embrace the “New Zealand Way” of playing and administering the game; to cultivate and nurture engaged cricket fans, to promote a sustainable financial model, and to grow the best structures, people and processes to take the game forward.
NZC consists of around sixty employees, plus a number of seasonal contractors, based across the Lincoln High Performance Centre in Christchurch and the Auckland Support Services Office. We’re a passionate and enthusiastic team committed to living and breathing our core Values:
• Cricket First
• One Team
• Be The Best I Can Be
• Walk The Talk
• Raise The Bar
• Appreciate And Celebrate
New Zealand Cricket Vacancies
We have a vacancy for a Tournament Assistant reporting to the Tournament Manager. This is a casual employment agreement based in Christchurch; however the ideal candidate will need to be available for the following dates:
• Thursday 15 December – Friday 23 December 2016 - Under 19s
• Tuesday 27 December – Thursday 29 December 2016 - Women’s Centralised Round
• Monday 2 January – Tuesday 10 January 2017 - Provincial A
• Thursday 13 January – Saturday 21 January 2017 - Under 17s
The successful applicant will be expected to:
- Provide support to the Tournament Manager for pre-match, during the match and post-match preparations, including such things as:
- Liaising with ground staff as to ground conditions/matters
- Set out chairs, tables in marquees/player areas
- Emptying and filling ice baths throughout the day
- Ensure umpires and scorers have all equipment needed for the day
- Act as the key contact between catering and team management
- Cleaning of changing rooms/portacoms/marquees
- Ensuring equipment is packed away and ready for future games
We’re looking for motivated person who’s willing to learn, work hard and with a passion for cricket. Previous experience working in a similar role would be useful.
Candidates should email a CV and covering letter to email@example.com. A full description of what is expected of the role is available below. Applications close on 24 October 2016.
Other current vacancies:
Please follow us on Twitter
@NZCJobs for the latest vacancies.
Major Association vacancies